Saturday 6 June 2020

I WAS FALSED TO PAY WITH SEX BEFORE I WAS GRANTED BAIL FROM CELL – PROSTITUTE OPENS UP

Prostitution law varies widely from country to country, and between jurisdictions within a country. At one extreme, prostitution or sex work is legal in some places and regarded as a profession, while at the other extreme, it is a crime punishable by death in some other places.

Prostitutes in Ghana are known locally as "ashawo", "toutou" (derived from 'two shillings, two pence'; a prostitute who doesn't charge much) or "maame-i-dey".

Eunice is a prostitute in Accra. In an interview with Angel FM presenter Kofi Adomawawani on Kofi TV and Angel fm. Eunice explained why she was arrested and put to cell for three days because she was not having the sum of GH¢300.00 as a bail amount so she has to pay two (2) police officers with sex before she could be granted bail.

According to Eunice who don’t want to be called a prostitute but rather Sister stated that, She was arrested one day at Lapaz(Accra) and was taken to the police custody for prostituting even thou it was not only Eunice but among a few that was arrested that day. She had already locked her little son in the room later that evening to hustle before the arrest.

According to her, most of the Sisters arrested were granted bail because they were able to pay the bail amount which was GH¢300.00. Kofi Adoma together with his college Kwadwo Dickson asked how was she able to leave the police custody and this was her reply; “I had no money so I have to be there for three days and due to that my son was also locked up in the room for three days without any help. I had no one to pay for my bail so I have to give the police officers the little amount which is GH¢150.00 to the police officers, they took the money and insisted to sleep with me before they grant me bail. So the two (2) police officers had sex with me before they granted me bail and I regret doing prostitution that day.” She ended up saying they had raw sex with her meaning sex without condom so she got pregnant and had no choice because she has no one to help due to that she had to abort the baby.

Watch the full interview below.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers